Wednesday, December 19, 2012

1937 Reveal

Remember the post on Grandma's furniture? Well, we are done with the vanity/desk, highboy, mirror and vanity chair. They turned out BEAUTIFUL and the owner LOVED them! Here is the message left on my FB page by the owner..."I'm still taken back by how beautiful the pieces of my grandmothers furniture from 1937 look in our home. Thank you for restoring and bringing new life to them. What a great story that these treasures will be as they are passed down through the generations!"

I was honored to be able to show her the possibilities of these special pieces and bring those possibilities to life and  cannot wait to get started on the headboard/footboard bench after Christmas vacation. Enjoy the photos (I forgot to get one of the mirror, I will get the owner to send me an AFTER one  and you will need to use your imagination on the BEFORE of it)

We have not yet been able to determine the maker of the furniture but behind the mirror of the vanity was stamped "Logan Porter Mirror Co, High Point, NC  May 7,1937"  (how cool I got to work on this since my birthday is May 7th) We know that her grandparents were married in 1937 and they got this bedroom set as their wedding gift. just wish we could figure out who the furniture company is that made it.







No comments:

Post a Comment