Monday, September 24, 2012

Mom and daughter rocking chair re-do

I had the pleasure of re-doing a rocking chair for some friends from church who were expecting their first baby. This rocking chair belonged to the mom's family and she was rocked in it as a little girl and wanted to update it to use with her own little girl.

The original color was an olive/avocado green and they wanted to go with an antique white and distress it down to where some of the original green would come through...I tried a new product on it, Webster's Chalk Paint powder and I love the way it turned out!

The baby arrived a few days early and had to spend some time in the hospital but she is home now. When I dropped off the rocking chair yesterday they loved it and were already rocking that sweet baby in it before I left.

The after pic was taken in too much sun but I hope you can get a good idea of the final finish.


1 comment: